[SWFObject] IE streaming audio does not auto play

David de Kock |TNmedia david at tnmedia.nl
Fri Oct 13 05:39:46 PDT 2006

Hi,
I've been in the same situation with IE and dynamically adding swf with
SWFobject. When all is fine in FF in many cases IE just didn't
cooperate.
Is your setup working in FF?

(as a workaround!) try the following scenarios:

1) completely remove the flash from DOM when you hide the div and put it
back in when you show the div again.
question: why do you already load the flash when you don't use it yet?

or

2) how do you hide the div? I assume you use
document.getElementById('theDivId').style.display = 'none'
instead set the width and height of your div to 1px to 'hide' the div.

or

3) give flash in IE a little 'push' when after you have shown the div
again (I know this sounds really really dodgy) by resetting the height
and width to the same dimensions they already have.

good luck, it can be a pain to get this working in IE but it can be
done.

In my situation I had it working fine but than ran into serious
performance problems with Externalinterface so I had to skip
Externalinterface and use the previous Integration Kit again.
No surprise that also in that case IE caused me problems when
dynamically adding flash.
(see thread for demo page: HYPERLINK
"http://lists.deconcept.com/pipermail/swfobject-deconcept.com/2006-Octob
er/001800.html"http://lists.deconcept.com/pipermail/swfobject-deconcept.