[SWFObject] location.toString exception

stoica ionut iongion at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 12:01:25 PDT 2006

Glad that someone responded,

After long tests and dozens of cofees we've reached
the explanatin for this, it happens only if you have
the firebug extension enabled in your firefox, it is
an exception that this extension catches.

Its untrackable for us, this is why i think its the
fault of firebug.

I did the test without swfobject, and yes, it appears
again.

Hope this helps people that use firebug toghther with
flash and swfobject and some other js

--- Geoff Stearns <geoff at deconcept.com> wrote:

> is it an error or just a warning?
>
> does it happen if you don't use swfobject?
>

> On Oct 24, 2006, at 3:05 AM, stoica ionut wrote:
>
> > In firefox i always get this exception
> > "uncaught exception: Permission denied to call
> method
> > Location.toString"
> >
> > Its verry werid cause it happens only if :
> >
> > We have this scenario :
> >
> > 1) Main page with <iframe

src="LINK_TO_PAGE_WITH_SWFOBJECT_EMBEDED_FLASH"></iframe>