[SWFObject] sendAndLoad conflict with flashvars in swfobject

Aran Rhee aran.rhee at qdc.net.au
Mon Oct 30 14:03:38 PST 2006

Troy.

Below is what I get back from the server when I click state > minnesota:

BTW - I use Service capture to look at the http traffic. It might be a
worhtwhile investment for you so you can see what is actually happening when
you are making server calls. It is invaluable for flash debugging, as it can
show AMF (flash remoting) traffic too :)

Cheers,
Aran

Client send:

stateAbbr: MN
stateName: Minnesota

Server response:

Result: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Text:

    <head>
        <title>Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</title>
         body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:
.7em;color:black;}
         p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top:
-5px}
         b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top:
-5px}
         H1 {
font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }
         H2 {
font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }
         pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}
         .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}
         .version {color: gray;}
         .error {margin-bottom: 10px;}
         .expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold;
color:navy; cursor:hand; }
    </head>

color=silver></H1>

            <h2> <i>Object reference not set to an instance of an
object.</i> </h2></span>

sans-serif ">

            <b> Description: </b>An unhandled exception occurred during the
execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more

            <b> Exception Details: </b>System.NullReferenceException: Object
reference not set to an instance of an object.<br><br>

                      <code>

be identified using the exception stack trace below.</code>

                      <code><pre>

object.]
   navigationData.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +403
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o,
Object t, EventArgs e) +15
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender,
EventArgs e) +34
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1061
</pre></code>

            <hr width=100% size=1 color=silver>

            <b>Version Information:</b> Microsoft .NET Framework
Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

<!--
[NullReferenceException]: Object reference not set to an instance of an
object.
   at navigationData.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object
o, Object t, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender,
EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
[HttpUnhandledException]: Exception of type
'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at ASP.navigationdata_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\631d048b\5830a305\App_Web_qogxfzan.17.cs:line 0
   at
System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplicati
on.IExecutionStep.Execute()
completedSynchronously)
--><!--
This error page might contain sensitive information because ASP.NET is
configured to show verbose error messages using <customErrors
mode="Off"/>. Consider using <customErrors mode="On"/> or
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/> in production environments.-->