[SWFObject] Deeplinking w/ Anchors into containers

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Tue Oct 31 14:49:07 PST 2006

well, the code i gave would just pass in the hash value as is...

so you would have a var called _root.hash that would be equal to "#/
something/somethingelse/whateverelse"

- you don't have to format it that way, and if you want to you can
use name/value pairs instead, and then use the getQueryParam() method
build into swfobject to pull out individual values. an example of
that would look like:

your url is yourpage.html#foo=bar&foo2=bar2

then your js/swfobject code would look like:

so.addVariable("foo", getQueryParamValue("foo"));
so.addVariable("foo2", getQueryParamValue("foo2"));

which would then give you 2 vars on the root of your movie, one
called "foo" with a value of "bar" and one called "foo2" with a value
of "bar2"

once you have the vars into your swf, it's up to you what you do with
them... you treat them just like you would any other variable.