[SWFObject] MTASC Error with SwfObject + Flash Javascript Integration Kit Combo

Leif Wells leif.wells at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 09:29:18 PDT 2006

All,

There was a post on this list back in May from Geoff linking to a zip file
that was a combination of SWFObject and the Flash Javascript Integration
Kit.

I am attempting to use this in a current project. Unfortunately, there is a
line in the JavaScriptProxy.as that is causing MTASC to throw an error when
compiling the file.

The error occurs at line 167:

var f:Function = call;

Apparently, MTASC does not like call being referenced. I assume that the
call in question is the function listed next in the code (line 190).

To get it to compile, I changed the line to this:
var f:Function = this["call"];

and:
var f:Function = this.call;

which seem likely to work, but do not. In Firefox I can see a trace of the
function being called and then traces of the queue being checked, but the
simple doAlert Javascript function is not getting called.

Can anyone advise me on wether there is a working work-around for the line
"var f:Function = call;" that caused MTASC compilation to fail?

Leif