[SWFObject] Problems with Display of SWFObject/Zoomify Imagery in MSIE 6

Derek Tonn datonn at mapformation.com
Thu Sep 14 21:55:11 PDT 2006

Hello everyone!

Say, I've been working through some of the SWFObject issues
tonight....trying to finally convert my code on several web pages to
avoid the issue of having to click on a Flash object for it to
"activate" on a page in MSIE, when I've encountered an issue that has
stopped me in my tracks.  I am using the following code:

an interactive Flash-based portfolio sample of this particular
graphic.</div>
	<script type="text/javascript">
	var so = new SWFObject
	("../images/zoom/zoomifyViewer02.swf", "portfolio", "700", "450", "6",
"#A7A690");
	so.addVariable("zoomifyImagePath", "../temp/calvin3D/");
	so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
	so.addParam("menu", "false");
	so.write ("flashcontent");
	</script>

...after calling on the .js file in the header: <script
type="text/javascript" src="../templates/scripts/swfobject.js"></script>

Everything looks A-OK in Firefox....but when I launch MSIE 6 (on a PC),
I see the zoomifyViewer02.swf background image...but Internet Explorer
is not launching the variable image path.  I've tried a number of
different work-arounds, but finally decided that someone who is more
savvy than I might read this message and be able to suggest a quick
solution.

A "live" page which will illustrated the problem I am describing can be
found at: http://www.mapformation.com/temp/calvin3D.htm  Looks great in
Firefox, but MSIE 6 malfunctions.  Help!

Thanks in advance.

Derek Tonn

mapformation
220 South Burns Avenue