[SWFObject] help w/ autostart, autoplay, play upon loading...

Amy C. Sanders amy at raine.net
Tue Sep 26 11:38:47 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am not (at ALL) familiar with flash
or even javascript, so itty bitty words please :)

I am successful in getting the flash movies/player, everything
embedded and it's all loading up wonderfully. However, now they want
them to play automatically (right now, you have to push play for them
to play).

Here is my embedding stuff:

		<strong>We're Sorry!</strong>
it here</a>.

                  <script type="text/javascript">
                    var swfObj = new
SWFObject("Player.swf","video","320","406","7","#e2edf2");
                    swfObj.addVariable("baseVideoTitle","Video Clip
Australia ");

swfObj.addVariable("baseVideoURL","videos/CLIP2"+"_256.flv");
                    swfObj.addVariable("baseTransURL","transcripts/14.xml");
                    swfObj.addParam("play", "true");
   		    swfObj.write("swfcontent");
                  </script>

I tried play, autoPlay, autoStart, autostart.. Am I even doing this
remotely correctly? Is there other information I need to give?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Amy