[SWFObject] Express Install in PC Firefox not working: "files...currently in use"

Steve at Yahoo gromitlad at yahoo.ca
Tue Sep 26 19:48:46 PDT 2006

Hi there, I'm a new user.

the Express Install function is not working on my PC Firefox; I'm getting an error that says "Some files that need to be updated are currently in use".

I've seen this come up in the archives (see Steve Norris and Michael Kaufman's posts) but I haven't seen an answer that works for me.

This has been replicated over 2 computers and Windows versions:
Windows 2000 /  flash 7.0.63 / Firefox 1.5.0.7  == ERROR

Windows XP / flash 7.0.63 / Firefox 1.5.0.4  == ERROR

Mac Firefox worked, IE on PC worked.

It even happens on Geoff's example page here:
http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/expressinstall.html

Has this problem cropped up again for anyone else?  Any ideas for a fix?