[SWFObject] IE crashes with Flash 6 on unload

Lischetzki, Rainer Rainer.Lischetzki at aperto.de
Wed Sep 27 02:33:15 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem with SWF 1.4.4 and Flash versions 6.x on
IE6.
The browser window just disappears after a few clicks on our website.
The problem does not seem to occur with Flash 7.

Commenting out the "onunload" event handler code also helps.

For the time being, I will leave it that way, because I understand that
the onunload event handler was a fix for an issue with long-playing
streaming content, which we don't have.

I just thought that somebody might have come across this issue as well
(or will soon ;)).

Thanks,
Rainer