[SWFObject] FO Integration Kit problems - continued

Mike Doran mikeybyker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 14:51:44 PDT 2006

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this has since been worked out (I got to May
in the archives where it seems to be mentioned a lot, but the archive
server has slowed to a standstill so I'm not sure)

I'm having the same problem as a few people seem to be having with the
FO Integration Kit - Keith and Geoff were discusing it - ie. the first
call from javascript to the flash works, but any subsequent calls
don't - nothing happens.

Anyway, I downloaded the kit today (from
http://blog.deconcept.com/code/intkit/), and it's the same problem,
just one call works, then nothing.

I did some alerts in the js code and found that the callComplete in
swfobject_js_gateway.js was not getting called when using the movie I
made, but was in the one download in the zip
(js_integration_display.swf).
I made an exact copy of the example file - same code in the swf, same
code in the javascript.html, still callComplete isn't called.

So I republished js_integration_display.swf in the downloaded zip -
expecting it to stop working - but it still works - pretty weird.

OK - then I removed the com folder from the downloaded version (so it
would use the usual class path) - and then republished - it then
stopped working just like my version.... this is despite my copying
the downloaded files across (so they are the exact same files!
JavaScriptProxy.as, JavaScriptSerializer.as, GetURLQueue.as and
FunctionQueue.as are all those downloaded)

Basically - if I use the classes left in the same folder as the
downloaded files - it works. If I use the exact same files, but in the
global call path
e.g..
C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Local Settings\Application
Data\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\Configuration\Classes\com\Macromedia\
it doesn't work.

I can't make any sense of that, but that's exactly what is happening!
A js call works once only, no callComplete callback is made, *unless*
I put the com folder back into the same folder as the fla.
Hope that makes sense - in terms of my explanation, not in terms of
why - as I'm pretty stumped there.

Don't know if that helps anyone work out why it's working just once -
but there you go...

Cheers,
Mike