[SWFObject] Wierd whitespace issue in IE

Michael Ypes michael.ypes at the3rdroom.com
Mon Sep 18 10:28:35 PDT 2006

Ok, I got several flash movies as titles in a document and the javascript is
created dynamically and is mixed in with the html code directly underneath
the div I am replacing.

I use css to give a one hundred percent height with a footer and sometimes
in IE it creates space underneath the footer. It is only random so you need
to refresh several times in order to replicate it but once there it
generally stays. Scroll to the bottom and you will see and ugly white space.
Now the more titles I implement the more white space I get. This only seems
to occur on a page that extends the browser height as well hence the lots of
copy.

Are you still with me people :-)

Now, if I extract the javascript out of the containing div then there is no
problem. So what I think is happening is that the browser is rendering the
content of the javascript as content and given it some height value but
somehow shifting it below everything and going below the footer.. Very
strange.

http://dev029.the3rdroom.com/fe/htm/shop/test_working.htm

http://dev029.the3rdroom.com/fe/htm/shop/test_not_working.htm

Anyone shed any light.

By the way geoff, going to Flash On The Beach and see you are presenting,
looking forward to hearing what you got to say :-)

Back to the problem though if anyone can shed any light I would appreciate
it.

Cheers