[SWFObject] Hey all! First post :D

mjohnston at austar.com.au mjohnston at austar.com.au
Tue Sep 19 18:52:30 PDT 2006

It's against the flash players license to have flash player hosted anywhere
except on Adobe. We have run into the same problem as we dealt with a
captive portal for new broadband modem connections. We ended up haveing to
creat a heap of non flash content for those people.

Regards,
_______________________________
Mark Johnston
IT Systems Development
Austar Communications Pty Ltd
w: http://www.austar.com.au
e: mjohnston at austar.com.au
p: 61 7 5560 6806
m: 61 417 726 718

 ------------------------------+------------------------------------------|
                    "Jan       |                                        To|
                    Lübeck"    |            swfobject at lists.deconcept.com |
                    <jlubeck at gm|                                        cc|
                    ail.com>   |                                          |
                    Sent by:   |                                   Subject|
                    swfobject-b|            [SWFObject] Hey all! First    |
                    ounces at list|            post :D                       |
                    s.deconcept|                                          |
                    .com       |                                          |
                    20/09/2006 |                                          |
                    12:22 AM   |                                          |
                            Ple|                                          |
                            ase|                                          |
                            res|                                          |
                            pon|                                          |
                             d |                                          |
                            to |                                          |
                            swf|                                          |
                            obj|                                          |
                            ect|                                          |
                            @li|                                          |
                            sts|                                          |
                            .de|                                          |
                            con|                                          |
                            cep|                                          |
                            t.c|                                          |
                            om |                                          |
 ------------------------------+------------------------------------------|

Hi! i was wondering if it is possible to make SWFObject work without an
internet connection to adobe.
For example to have the latest version of flash player on a server, and all
the clients that need to update update, checks their versions to this
server, and not to adobe. For security reasons all the clients in my
intranet have got no access to internet and thus making it impossible to
use express install as it is. It would be great if express install can be
made to work this way as well.

Cheers!

Jan

This Message has been scanned for Viruses by AUSTAR Communications
Antivirus and content checking applications.

AUSTAR Communications