[SWFObject] IE crashes with Flash 6 on unload

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Wed Sep 27 07:53:02 PDT 2006

what I ended up doing was doing a browser sniff for IE and flash
player 8+ (since it only happens with externalinterface)

you can try the newest version here:

but it's still sorta in prerelease mode, and hasn't been 100% tested
(although I haven't heard about any bugs with it yet)

http://blog.deconcept.com/code/swfobject2.0/