[SWFObject] Script not working in IE 6.0.2800.1106 on Windows 2000

scott at digitalheights.com scott at digitalheights.com
Mon Apr 24 16:26:50 PDT 2006

Hi,
First of all, I'd like to say thanks to Geoff & Toby for developing this
great tool. Unfortunately, I encountered a potentially serious issue
when viewing pages that use the script in IE 6.0.2800.1106 on Windows
2000. I visited several pages that are using FlashObject or SWFObject
(including http://www.cartoonsmart.com and http://www.loc.gov/bookfest/
and http://www.youtube.com). These sites all display their Flash content
properly in Firefox, but when in IE, the alternate text is displayed. I
have javascript enabled and I also have the most recent version of the
Flash player installed in IE so unless I'm mistaken, the script appears
to be the source of the problem.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Scott