[SWFObject] Transparent/background color discrepancy

benedict steele ben at hyperdimensional.net
Tue Apr 25 16:14:54 PDT 2006

Hi Sam,

I might be wrong, but I think the flash parameter for background colour
needs to be a hexadecimal colour... Transparent won't work.

 This means that the script is balking(?) when it comes to the wmode.

Therefore your SWFObject needs to be
var flashcontent = new SWFObject("my.swf", "mydiv", "700", "380", "7",
"86A098");

Also the flashcontent.addParam also needs to be before flashcontent.write
(That caught me out when I first started using this method).

Hope this helps...

Rgds,
Ben