[SWFObject] Transparent/background color discrepancy

Sam Holland sam.holland at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 15:58:41 PDT 2006

Hey,

I'm having an issue embedding a swf using SWFObject that I haven't run
into before. I think I know what the cause of the problem may be, but
I'll try describing it instead.

The HTML has a background color of rgb(134, 160, 152) with a png on
top. My SWFObject looks like this:

var flashcontent = new SWFObject("my.swf", "mydiv", "700", "380", "7",
"transparent");

The problem is that the background isn't transparent. It's not even
close to my rgb value -- it's actually rgb(0, 160, 0) -- it looks like
one of Flash's inexplicable color substitutions, and it's opaque. I
need the swf to be transparent, not only for the color but for the
image beneath.

Now, I've looked through some other posts to this list and I've tried
the following:

flashcontent.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

with the same results. I've looked at this in Safari, Firefox and
Camino, and it's the same across the board.

Any thoughts? Thanks,

Sam