[SWFObject] Express Install Redirection problem in IE6

Mathew Tizard Mathew.Tizard at telecom.co.nz
Wed Aug 9 19:10:33 PDT 2006

Hi there-

I'm very grateful to Geoff for swfObject, it works a treat :-)

Just recently though, I have been trying to incorporate the Express
Install feature, and am having problems with IE6 (have yet to try with
Firefox).

The problem I'm having is that the new browser window (which is launched
after the player has installed) takes the user here:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/installerRedirect.html

...rather than to the URL I've specified using the xiRedirectUrl
attribute in the embedding code.

Googling around, I've noticed a few other people seem to be having the
same problem.

Is this something which is controlled by Adobe or is it a problem with
the Flash Object?

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Mat Tizard

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of this communication or disclose anything about it. Thank you. Please note that this communication does not designate an information system for the purposes of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002.