[SWFObject] Express Install Redirection problem in IE6

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Wed Aug 9 22:16:43 PDT 2006

it's working as intended: when the installer is done, everyone is
sent to that page, and then that page reads a sharedobject that the
expressinstall swf sets when the install starts. if there is a non-
local url that was passed to it, it will send the user to that page.

if you run the expressinstall locally, it will ignore the file:///
url and just send them to the generic upgrade page.

keep in mind you have to use an absolute url with the xiRedirect
attribute - if you just put 'mypage.html' instead of 'http://
www.example.com/mypage.html' then it won't work.