[SWFObject] Noob needs advice on adding a skin to swf files

Killian Triad killiantriad at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 13 15:35:39 PDT 2006

Hey all,

I used some freeware to convert a bunch of videos to
swf files, uploaded them, and used swfobject to play
them.  It works like a charm and the videos play
without a hitch in all the browsers I've tested.

However, I would like to add a control skin to each
video.  Unfortunately I don't have Flash, just
Dreamweaver 8.  Dreamweaver 8 has a skin that I like,
and I've uploaded it to my server but I can't get it
to work with swfobject.

The page that plays the swf file uses the following
code.  In this sample, videoname.swf is the name of
the "skinless" swf file that I've uploaded to the
server.

<script type="text/javascript">
	// <![CDATA[
		var so = new SWFObject("videoname.swf", "videoname",
"352", "288", "9,0,16,0", "#F7F7F7", true);
		so.addVariable("flashVarText", "this is passed in
via FlashVars");
		so.write("flashcontent");
	// ]]>
</script>

Sorry to ask such an obvious question, but I searched
the archives (and the net) and couldn't find an
answer.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Killian