[SWFObject] Accessibility and Screen Readers

Tim swfobject at filename.com
Thu Aug 17 07:04:54 PDT 2006

Since SWFObject replaces content in a <div>, that would be a problem for
users of screen readers, wouldn't it? Screen readers, in their current
versions, cannot detect when page content updates. This is the major reason
why Ajax is not Section 508 conformant and not accessible to screen reader
users. I'd like to switch to SWFObject from the Flash Detection Kit, but I
cannot if it cannot be made 508 compliant. Is there some workaround?