[SWFObject] Accessibility and Screen Readers

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Thu Aug 17 07:17:58 PDT 2006

it depends on the reader i suppose.

it's been tested with JAWS, and there are no problems there - it
reads the Flash content and not the HTML content that was replaced.

http://weblogs.macromedia.com/accessibility/archives/2005/08/
in_search_of_a.cfm

not sure about the others, but i would think that most modern screen
readers would work from the browser's DOM, and not the HTML source
before any Javascript changes.

This is the first I've heard that AJAX techniques are not sec. 508
compliant - do you have any links that discuss that?