[SWFObject] Javascript Conflict

Taviano Mail mail at taviano.com
Thu Aug 24 11:33:24 PDT 2006

I have been using the regular embed tag along with the script below (to launch a new window), but now that I have converted sites over to the new swfobject.js workaround the new window script doesn't work anymore. Is it the liveconnect=true thing that I need to enable, or have you seen this conflict before? Thanks!

Gabe Taviano

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
var newwin;
function launchwin(winurl,winname,winfeatures)
{
	//This launches a new window and then
	//focuses it if window.focus() is supported.
	newwin = window.open(winurl,winname,winfeatures);

	if(javascript_version > 1.0)
	{
		//delay a bit here because IE4 encounters errors
		//when trying to focus a recently opened window
 		setTimeout('newwin.focus();',250);
	}
}
</SCRIPT>