[SWFObject] does size really matter?

Steve Wolf and Wolf Muzik steven at wolfmuzik.com
Thu Aug 24 14:36:43 PDT 2006

I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on a problem I'm having
using the SWFObject strategy for Flash (can I use that word?) in a
Netscape or similar browser.

Here's the page I'm working on:
http://wolfmuzik.com/home.html

I need the movie to play when the page loads - the movie runs 85 seconds
then I'm redirecting to another page.

The problem is that sometimes the movie plays, sometimes not, sometimes
when I reload it solves the problem - sometimes not.
    When it's stalled it displays the 1st frame.
    I took the redirect out - same issue.

The movie can't wait to start up in IE - runs like a champ.

I'm wondering if it's a file size issue - the swf I rendered for my
little trailer is 20 MEG, but when I stick a 3.5 MEG file in there it runs:
http://wolfmuzik.com/home_test_b.html

Any insights would be greatfully accepted.

BTW, I just learned html 2 weeks ago so my code probably really sucks...

Best,
Steve Wolf
       <http://www.wolfmuzik.com/clips.html>
Wolf Muzik <http://www.wolfmuzik.com/clips.html>