[SWFObject] does size really matter?

Aran Rhee aran.rhee at qdc.net.au
Thu Aug 24 16:48:45 PDT 2006

Steve.

The flash video trailer you are loading : wolfmuzik_trailer_template_a.swf
<http://www.wolfmuzik.com/swf/wolfmuzik_trailer_template_a.swf>  is quite
large (6.5 mb). I think If you put a preloader on the .swf file, you would
find that the problem goes away.

This basically means the swf file waits on a frame until it is fully loaded,
then plays the content.

Also, your video file is encoded at 500x375, while you are embedding it on
the page with the size 450x250. You can either re-encode your video to the
actual size you want o the page to save some file size, or you could
increase the screen size on the page to be 100% of the video size.

Cheers,
Aran

  _____