[SWFObject] Flash loading before other content

Cliff Boyd evolutionedge at evolutionedge.com
Sat Aug 26 02:57:18 PDT 2006

Hi

I'm in no way an advanced flash user and I'm new to swf object. I
have a particular behavior occurring and I wonder if anyone would
know the reason.

I have a page (it's just in development at this stage) that contains
a relatively small flash movie. It loads and functions fine the first
time the page is loaded, but when I navigate to another site and
return to it there is a moment in which the flash appears before the
rest of the page's content. Sometimes the previous page's content is
still visible 'around' the flash then is replaced by my page's
content. This occurs to varying degrees in any browser on both mac
and windows.

My question is: Is there a way (javascript?) to have the entire
page's content load and then once done the flash is loaded - or for
the flash to be loaded at the same time as the rest of the content?

(I did some searching but no luck - I did find the FOUC issue but
that seems to only happen on IE on windows and its not really the
same issue).

Thank you for any input

Cliff Boyd