[SWFObject] [OT?] drag/drop <div id="flashcontent"></div>

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Tue Aug 1 14:04:38 PDT 2006

i'm not sure you could do it with just the div with the flash movie
in it...

sometimes when you modify css properties of a div with a flash movie
in it, IE will reset the Flash movie. only certain properties do it,
but i'm not sure of the specific list.

my initial thought was to use a nested div like your example code,
and then when you drag, move the div with the swf off the screen (to
-100000 or something) and have an image underneath it, or swap in a
div with the image under it somehow.

then when you drop it, just move the flash back.

it also seems strage that there would be a 1px border around the
flash if you don't want it there... are you sure there's not some css
somewhere adding in the extra padding or margin?