[SWFObject] [OT?] drag/drop <div id="flashcontent"></div>

DL dl.lists at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 1 13:30:27 PDT 2006

I have a requirement to drag and drop multiple Flash objects written into multiple div
containers, using SWFObject.

I have tested a few javascripts which can drag and drop div containers holding jpg, gif
and png images (not Flash objects).

But I've not yet found a way of dragging and dropping the <div id="flashcontent></div>
written to by SWFObject.

The nearest working solution is to nest <div id="flashcontent></div> inside an wrapper
draggable div .. but this creates an unwanted (but draggable) margin around the
SWFObject.  Like this ..

So my question .. if I do not use nested divs's .. just the standard SWFObject div .. can
the written SWFObject in some way be switched to a bitmap image during this
dragdrop operation?

i.e. a "freeze image" of the flash movie placed in the div as a temporary image during
dragging, then switching back to Flash vector when dropped?

One rough idea I had was to use bitmap caching in Flash 8. But how to get the bitmap
as an image?

Or is there a much simpler approach to dragdrop "temporarily frozen" Flash movie
images in div containers?

DL