[SWFObject] JS-error in FireFox: "setting a property that has only a getter"

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Tue Aug 1 08:42:35 PDT 2006

Thanks...

It looks like this is what's happening:

your ad js inserts an object tag, and when the page unloads, the new
cleanup code loops over all the object tags in the page and tries to
kill all the functions inside them. apparently firefox doesn't like
you doing this, so thows that warning when the page unloads (which is
why it says no errors - it's just when you leave the page)

I've made a small modification to swfobject - try out the attached
file and see if you still get the error.

i'd also like someone to test this version with a streaming file to
make sure that it doesn't break the other fixes that are now in it.