[SWFObject] Opera and Firefox

Chris Colman chrisc at stepaheadsoftware.com
Wed Aug 16 17:06:02 PDT 2006

well, that assumes that they know what 'adobe' is or what 'flash' even
is.

i would imagine that to many (probably most) web users, seening that
activex bar at the top of their browser would just automatically set of
alarms. not to mention all the anti-spyware software out there these
days.

But if they have no Flash plugin at all installed (as opposed to a
simple flash player upgrade) then at some stage of their experience with
a Flash site they must see the jigsaw piece asking them if they want to
install the plug in. Or is this avoidable by some method that I'm not
aware of?