[SWFObject] [BUG?] Strange Caching issues

Aran Rhee aran.rhee at qdc.net.au
Tue Aug 22 04:37:04 PDT 2006

Mike.

I had some issues with IE and caching, but my issue was to do with relative
pathed content being loaded by the swf, not the main swf itself. (e.g.
images loaded by the swf would load the 1st time, but not the second)

If this is your problem too, then the issue seems to come from a bug within
the IE caching mechanism. When it trys to load the images for the 2nd time
(out of cache), for some reason it looks for them on the html page's server
loacation, not the swf's server location. So if you had your html page on
some.com and your swf and images were being loaded from other.com, even if
the images came originally from other.com, IE trys to load
some.com/image.jpg NOT other.com/image.jpg.

I got around it by specifying a full path to the images. Even specifying the
BASE param didn't fix it....Weird.

Anyway, if this is not your issue sorry for rambling. I thought I'd post
this to the list anyhow, in case it saves someone some time.

Cheers,
Aran