[SWFObject] Standard Embed to SWFObject Converter / publishtemplate

Becky Kinney bkinney at UDel.Edu
Thu Dec 7 06:12:31 PST 2006

That's great about Steve's tool. That is going to be very helpful for any page that must pass variables to flash on load. Thanks for letting me know, and thanks to Steve for building it.

Becky
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Aran Rhee
  To: swfobject at lists.deconcept.com
  Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 6:30 PM
  Subject: Re: [SWFObject] Standard Embed to SWFObject Converter / publishtemplate

  Becky.

  Thanks for the round up.

  When I first joined the list (back in March), I posted a publishing template. It seems that ubergeek.tv came up with almost exactly yhe same solution a few months later. The only issues with templates are:

  1. you can't package any external files (e.g. swfobject.js)
  2. You can't add flash vars in the publish dialouge
  3. You can't specify extra params like wmode individually (they are written as a block with the vars $PO and $PE (params object / params embed))

  The (default) path to put any HTML templates are :
  C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Flash 8\en\First Run\HTML

  Below is the basics of the template I created (modify as you wish)

  $TTSWFObject
  $DS
  Creates a SWFObject compatable HTML page.
  $DF

  <!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->
   <head>
   $CS
   <title>$TI</title>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
   </head>

     If you don't have the required Flash Player Version, you will see this text as alternative content

     // <![CDATA[
      var fo = new SWFObject($MO, "$TI", "$WI", "$HE", "$FV.$JR.$NR", "$BG");
      fo.write("flashcontent");
     // ]]>
    </script>

  BTW - Steve's page does do flashvars now :)

  Cheers,
  Aran