[SWFObject] Getting Html to sit over flash inserted withSwfObjectvs FlashObject

Chris Colman chrisc at stepaheadsoftware.com
Tue Dec 12 16:11:21 PST 2006

It seems like Maak is talking about HTML sitting over Flash, not the
other way around. Wouldn't setting transparent mode only affect how the
flash movie operates - ie., it lets what's behind the Flash movie show
through. I think Maak has a HTML menu that he wants to appear over the
top of the Flash - which seems like a different problem.

Chris Colman
Step Ahead Software
Makers of AnFX
www.anfx.com <http://www.anfx.com/>

Hi Maak

I experienced the same issue when I moved from FLASHobject to SWFObject.
It was quickluy solved by including a parameter as in the following
example

so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");

John Ashton
Intellinet Business Solutions