[SWFObject] Activating install if there's no player

David Roudebush david at tech-d.com
Wed Dec 13 03:01:51 PST 2006

Hi-

This must be incredibly obvious...  I want to invoke a download/install of
the appropriate Flash player if it's not present.

This should happen without taking the viewer away from the page that's
trying to display Flash content.

If I point the redirectUrl attribute to
http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer, for example, the page
immediately changes to the Adobe download page, taking the viewer away from
my source page.

I couldn't figure out how to get it to load to a target="_top", for example.

The Dreamweaver detection kit solution causes a standard file download to
start, which leaves my source page intact.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

David