[SWFObject] Activating install if there's no player

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Wed Dec 13 08:15:15 PST 2006

swfobject isn't designed to do this - it's not possible to download
or install anyting without redirecting them to the adobe site. some
browsers have their own install dialog you can invoke, like firefox
or IE's activex install window.

but i generally like to simply provide alternate content and let the
flash degrade to that content if they don't have the flash player
installed.