[SWFObject] flash player detect

Bock, Sarah sarah.bock at tafensw.edu.au
Mon Jul 10 18:57:38 PDT 2006

Hello all

I am new to the list and have just started using swfObject which is
fantastic.

A really basic question:

I need to detect whether flash is installed at all. I have an inbuilt
flash detect to see what version they are using but it's not picking
anything up if no flash player is installed.

Do I need to use ExpressInstall to check for a flash player presence and
is it possible to do so without changing anything in the main Flash
file? (I have many many files to update)

Thanks for any help.

Sarah