[SWFObject] innerHTML

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Thu Jul 6 09:41:55 PDT 2006

there's a few problems with doing that... i've tried a couple times
to get something working, but it always breaks in 'browser x' or ends
up being 2x the current size to get it working because of all the
special cases you have to account for because of specific browser
shortcomings.

another issue is: many browsers don't support the <object> tag as it
was intended, which leaves you with needing the embed tag, which
isn't 'standards compliant' anyway, so why bend over backwards to use
DOM methods when you have to create an embed tag with them anyway?

once browsers support plugins a little better when using the <object>
tag, then yes, i'll update the script, but until that time (and it's
a long ways away) i don't see any choice other than innerHTML.