[SWFObject] Trouble converting from the old flashobject.js to thenew swfobject.js

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Fri Jul 21 14:56:37 PDT 2006

just to fill in the back story here:

when I worked at the chopping block we created a bunch of pre-made
content for the CS2 suite (and did a lot of coding in Bridge as well)
- one of the things we made were some photo galleries for photoshop,
and needed some plugin detection and whatnot, so we got them to
include swfobject (then flashobject) with photoshop. so it's a really
really old version, but there are also some other things in the html
template that make the gallery work, and it's been quite a while
since I looked at it. adobe's people put the html templates together,
just using a little bit of our js code we gave them to get the flash
stuff embedded.

On Jul 19, 2006, at 4:58 PM, Lee Bradley wrote:

> Thanks again Iain -
>
> I took my own advice and have learned that the person who built the
> page used something called Adobe Bridge (which comes with Photoshop
> CS2 software). I had to look up CMS but it
> sounds like Bridge is an example.
>
> She picked her pix, typed in a few numbers and clicked a "do it"
> button and "Presto!," a boatload of .xml, .js, .htm and the .swf
> got generated. We both therefore remain pretty much
> clueless as to how all the parts fit together. Software automation
> is wonderful but personally I prefer understanding how to build
> things "from scratch."
>
> - Lee Bradley
>
> Iain Waugh wrote:
>> Hi, lol glad to be of help :D
>>
>> With regards to your 2nd question, the only thing that the
>> swfobject does is to rewrite the contents of the flashcontent div
>> with suitable coding to make the flash movie appear, this is all
>> done client side in the browser so it doesnt affect anything at
>> all on your server. I.e. the xml files, actual swf etc. These
>> would have to be created/altered server side either manually or
>> through a CMS, so id suggest the best place to gather more info
>> would be as u say to contact whoever orginaly created the gallery/
>> site :)
>>
>> Iain Waugh

>>> amywebwork/cb_webpage/photos.xml
>>> http://www.charleybradley.com/maxproject/2006/growers/chip/