[SWFObject] Trouble converting from the old flashobject.js to thenew swfobject.js

Lee Bradley lee_bradley at operamail.com
Sun Jul 23 04:03:49 PDT 2006

Hi Geoff -

I just happened to take a look at the log here (I saved a link to it)
and noticed you added your remarks. I stuck w/ the log for a few days
after I got my question answered (and enjoyed trying to follow other
people's questions and the replies they got). I've since unsubscribed
but I'd just like to add a couple of comments.

I actually thought of making a remark to you that you could maybe make
yourself a pot of money if Adobe had lifted your code w/o permission but
then I thought if you were following this thread you would realize Adobe
was using your stuff and if you hadn't given it to them you might pursue
it, so I dropped it. Besides, the whole idea was a bit mean-spirited
anyway.

I'm still interested in how a lot of this stuff really works, especially
in how the .swf file gets generated. But also in the role the .xml
and .js play. But I expect that would take a book to explain; plus, as
you say, it's been awhile since you did all this, and you do have a
life, so not a big deal.

I've played with a bunch of .js driven "slideshow" wrappers of photo
sequences. I did not write them, but I added some ideas to them. Here's
one I built: http://www.primepuzzle.com/dickie/bdpics.html

Take care,

- Lee Bradley