[SWFObject] Problem with multiple Flash animations on the page

MJJAIXEN at up.com MJJAIXEN at up.com
Tue Jul 25 15:28:31 PDT 2006

Geoff Stearns <geoff at deconcept.com> wrote:
> sounds like the same 'jumping' issue that we were just discussing..
Immediately after I posted my question, I saw the tail end of the other
thread which seems to be the same exact thing.

> have you done any other testing of this?
Only a little.  We're on Flash 8, though.  My initial theory is that
somehow the Flash player is somehow confusing the two Flash animations.

> what about using the normal object/embed tags that flash spits out?
It doesn't do that with object tags.  But interestingly enough, I created a
page where the same flash is embedded twice, once with <object> tags then
again with SWFObject.  When this happens, the jumping appears with both the
<object> versions as well as the SWFObject.

> does it only happen when one movie is directly under another one?
No, actually my sample stripped out another div tag that sectioned this
Flash into another section fo the page.  I've also played around with
putting them into tables with the same effect.