[SWFObject] version 1.4.2 release candidate

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Fri Jun 2 17:53:34 PDT 2006

Hey all, just put the finishing touches on v. 1.4.2

here's the changes:

[updated] reworked the IE version detection to include some fancy
tricks from Michael Williams at Adobe - the new MM detection kit uses
a technique to get around some crashes caused by the GetVariable()
call on 6.0.21 and 6.0.23 players. So there is no longer a chance
that your browser will crash when doing raw version lookups or using
Express Install

[fixed] I *thought* i had fixed all the js warnings in strict mode,
but there were still some in there - these should all be gone now
(again)

[fixed] added a new line of code that fixed all the remaining
streaming media bugs where the audio would continue to play after
leaving a page - got confirmation that it does work even where v.
1.4.1 failed, so if you are having any issues with streaming stuff,
check this build out.

[fixed] and as noted before, the getQueryParamValue bug that was
discovered was fixed

Since this version has a major overhaul to the IE version detection,
i'd like everyone to really dig in and make sure the detection works
100%

i've set up a demo page here that uses the new version:
http://dev.deconcept.com/1.4.2_test/swfobject.html

or you can grab the latest from the SVN repository at http://
svn.deconcept.com/swfobject/trunk/

I think i'll let everyone try it out over the weekend before
releasing it to the public, so if you find any bugs please let me
know before monday. Otherwise, enjoy!