[SWFObject] How to center Geoffs example

erixtekila erixtekila at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 08:39:41 PDT 2006

> Bit harsh via....if your a noob like me to this coding lark, all the
> CSS stuff and code look confusing and sometimes we need a quick fix
> to get the desired result.
> To be honest I found the example files slightly confusing, so maybe
> more commenting on each section would help those noobs who are still
> getting to grasps with the coding side of things to figure it out
> better?

I'm not commenting on how noobish people are, but how much times the
same questions come again and again.

swfobject is a one man stuff.
Documentation is clear and there is an article on Adobe too.
http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/swfobject.html

What do you want more ?
Maybe contribute to get less "files slightly confusing" ?
;)

> var so = new SWFObject("yournamehere.swf", "sotester", "100%",
> "100%", "8", "#FF6600");
>
> This is your swf name, ID name, leave the percentage as is, Flash
> version you want to check for, and the background colour of the HTML
> page you want.
Jan, if you need vertical & horyzontal centering of swfobject, just use
:
(see example at : http://vmalek.murphy.cz/)

          html, body   { background-color: red; height: 100%; margin: 0;
padding: 0;
                         color: white; text-align: center; }
          #flashcontent { border: 0; background-color: white; height:
50%; width: 50%;
                         position: absolute; left: 25%; top: 25%; color:
black; }

…

var so = new SWFObject("yournamehere.swf", "sotester", "100%",
"100%", "8", "#FF6600");
so.write("flashcontent");

Sorry to be soooooo harsh.