[SWFObject] Resizing swfObjects without reloading

DL dl.lists at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 6 07:37:03 PDT 2006

On 5 Jun 2006 at 20:22, Hay, Owen wrote:

> I've been trying to resize a swfObject like from a getURL javascript call inside my flash application

You can do this by changing div properties or just switching div class.

Look at the div management examples (js functions) here (which I
have used to good effect in resizing multiple SWFObject's) ..

http://www.aglasshalffull.org/css-resources/stylechangeswithw3cdom.html

You might need to use clip in div properties if you are clipping a larger SWFObject.

Your SWFObject div should look like this ..

If resizing a large SWFObject to a smaller size, check that when you
right click the movie the Macromedia Settings Panel is always visible ..
if not you will need to reposition the div using clip properties and
perhaps x, y offsetting views in the main movie.

DL