[SWFObject] Somethings strange

Chalcot Micro Systems chalcot at chalcot.com.au
Tue Jun 6 20:09:26 PDT 2006

Geoff,

Ran the uninstaller. Reinstalled. Same problems.

ANY site with flash does not display.

http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/ Above the text  'Start
Creating Now" is some flash content which I cannot see. My mouse turns to
Hand with text, 'click to activate this control' and a dotted border outling
area. I click and nothing.

http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/expressinstall.html shows 'You need to
upgrade your Flash Player This is replaced by the Flash content. Place your
alternate content here and users .....'

 <http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/flashversion.html>
http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/flashversion.html shows '
You do not have the Flash plugin installed, or your browser does not support
Javascript (you should enable it, perhaps?) This page displays your current
Flash player version using Javascript.' Same page but using Firefox, 'You
have Flash player 8.0.24 installed.'

Javascript is enabled, just installed the flash player - again!

Have not seen IE7, used a plugin switcher or messed with OCX files (that I
am aware of)

Gordon.

  _____