[SWFObject] SWFObjets in Windows/IE and streaming flash player

Gene Dymarskiy gdymarskiy at ibctv.com
Mon May 1 12:16:52 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am new user of this JS library. It works with most flash toys we use
however there is one exception - when the script is used in windows/IE
to embed flash player streaming content from Flash Media Server 2. The
movie loads fine however, when users leaves the page, the audio does not
stop streaming.

You can observe this behavior at
http://partners.ibctv.com/streaming-flash-final/test_js.html

Note that this does not happen in FireFox. Also, the same player unloads
properly when using in-line flash object embedding (
http://partners.ibctv.com/streaming-flash-final/test.html ),  though we
get activation warnings due to recent Microsoft "fixes" .  We have a
different player that is using progressive download instead of streaming
which works fine.

Have you come across similar issues?

Thank you

gd