[SWFObject] swf not showing

Sibrand Hoekstra sibrand at lfo-industries.com
Wed May 24 06:39:02 PDT 2006

Hello list,

a while ago i had to build a photoslideshow for a client, who's doing a
huge World Cup 2006 related website.
[You know, the type of site with plenty of ads on it :') ]
Users can upload a picture and see it displayed in my swf.
Now my boss walks in, saying he's had a phonecall about the swf not
showing on the page.
I built it when SWFObject was just a little FlashObject, so i'd say
little has changed but the name, right?

I checked the html source, and both the "flashobject.js" file and
"thuistribune.swf" file are in place.
I checked the javascript console as well, and it doesn't yield an error
or message or whatever...

Does anyone see what is going wrong here?

this is on http://www.wegaanwinnen.nl/nl-web-Grusse_Aus....php  , the
site has gone live a while ago.

oh and don't mention the look of the sourcecode or url, they're using
ContentServ ... :')

code:

this is where our SWF should be displayed

<script type="text/javascript">

// <![CDATA[

var fo = new FlashObject("data/media/_shared/swf/thuistribune.swf", "gruessenaus", "708", "180", "7", "#FFFFFF");

fo.addVariable("branding",   "");

fo.addVariable("branding2",  "");

fo.addVariable("brandingUrl","");

fo.write("carrousel");