[SWFObject] Is Express Install down?

dayvid jones dayvid at dayvid.com
Mon May 1 13:25:31 PDT 2006

Man O man, thanks Geoff.  If it wasn't for you and the people on this
list, I wouldn't even now about things like this.  We, and Adobe, owe
you BIG TIME!

On May 1, 2006, at 12:04 PM, Geoff Stearns wrote:

> here's the word:
>
> "Yes, this is a known issue. We migrated the main sites
> macromedia.com to adobe.com Sunday night, and there seems to be a
> DNS issue where fpdownload.macromedia.com is incorrectly resolving
> to an adobe.com IP address."
>
> so for now, I recommend just disabling ExpressInstall, so your
> users will see your upgrade message or alternate content, and when
> the issue is resolved, flip it back on.
>
> (to disable it with swfobject, just remove the 'true' after you
> specify the background color in the constructor)
>

> On May 1, 2006, at 2:54 PM, Geoff Stearns wrote:
>
>> Another person IMed me ealier saying it was down, and he got in
>> contact with Emmy Huang, who is the Flash Player product manager at
>> Adobe - I haven't confirmed this with her yet, but I guess Adobe is
>> migrating the Macromedia servers/urls over to Adobe.com today, so the
>> upgrade is broken.
>>
>> I tested on my test expressinstall.html page, and I get the 'download
>> failed' dialog as well - normally that page works fine.
>>
>> I'll let you guys know as soon as I get more info from Adobe -- or if
>> anyone on this list would like to share more 'official' info, please
>> feel free :)
>>

>> On May 1, 2006, at 1:11 PM, Robert Kruse wrote:
>>
>>> I turned on the Express Install feature and tested it on IE6 with
>>> Flash 7.
>>> The macromedia info box pops up, the blue thing spins for a bit,
>>> then says
>>> "A download error occurred. Try to download again?" - is this a
>>> problem with
>>> the swfobject script or is the Macromedia server down?
>>>
>>> http://www.hasleratlanta.com
>>>

>>> Thanks.

D A Y V I D     J O N E S

Free Games, Free Music, Cool Photos and Documentaries!
http://www.dayvid.com

...shouldn't you be listening to Calico Radio?
http://www.CalicoRadio.com

music for the mAdNeSs!
http://www.DJGecko.com