[SWFObject] Replacements for ../ and BASE attribute?

Dan Bohea dan at timetravelmedia.com
Mon May 15 15:48:36 PDT 2006

Ok.  Thanks.  That's fixed Problem 1.

I still can't get the base script to work though.  Tests reveal that when I
try navigating via the swf file (from a buried page) I just get an error
page saying that the page doesn't exist, quoting a url that sure enough
doesn't exist (as though the base script isn't being recognised).

I was using a base of "." before I tried swfObject (this seemed to work
fine).  I've also now tried "/" and "mywebsite's url.com/" - still the same
problem.

Here's a link to a page displaying this exact symptom:

http://www.timetravelmedia.com/case_studies/cdrom/bc400_album.html

Try clicking on the briefcase icon in the swf file at the very top of the
page.  It should browse to http://www.timetravelmedia.com/portfolio.html but
instead it tries to browse to
http://www.timetravelmedia.com/case_studies/cdrom/portfolio.html (which
doesn't exist).

The script for the swfObject starts on line 28.

Any ideas folks?

Thank you sooo much for your help so far and speedy quick replies.

Dan.

Dan Bohea

Time Travel Media - Multimedia Design

 <http://www.timetravelmedia.com/> www.timetravelmedia.com