[SWFObject] Issue with SWF Object!

Geoff Stearns geoff at deconcept.com
Wed May 17 21:19:05 PDT 2006

ok, after more thought on this, here's the info on expressinstall on
intel macs:

intel macs ship with a sort of pre-release intel version of the flash
player. that means that at this point, you don't need to worry about
express install.

if a user has flash 7 on an intel mac, there is something very wrong.
that means they are running safari/firefox with rosetta, in which
case they would maybe just get upgraded to the non-intel version of
the flash player.

when flash player 9 comes out, that is the tricky part - adobe says
that they won't be releasing the intel version at the same time as
the ppc version, which means that intel mac users probably won't be
able to use express install. whether people at adobe have considered
this situation, i have no idea, but they should take some time to
consider it, because it could be a usability nightmare for many users
who run intel macs. (and possibly a deterrent to people wanting to
use expressinstall with fp8/9)