[SWFObject] ie7 -> other trouble

Michiel Nijdam michiel at dezta.nl
Thu Nov 2 07:58:18 PST 2006

Hi All,

As I e-mailed earlier and posted here:
http://blog.deconcept.com/2006/08/03/swfobject-144-released/#comment-149
10
the pages I made using SWFobject, make IE 7 crash. I tested this on a
virtual machine (VMWare) with XP installed. The example pages on the
SWFobject website work normally in this setup.

Now some very weird behavior has emerged. On the machine I used to log
onto the virtual machine - this is a physically different computer, with
XP and IE 6 - SWFobject doesn't work as intended anymore. On all pages
using it, the flash content is loaded, but requires activation, just
like it would have if it was embedded with the classic method.
No other machine here in the office shows this behavior and I'm very
sure the SWFobject pages worked as intended on this machine before as
well.

I don't know If anyone is interested in this, because it's probably
caused by something outside of SWFobject, but I still thought I should

Kind regards,
Michiel Nijdam