[SWFObject] forcing upgrade from 7 to 8 with express install

Tod.Antilla at cancer.org Tod.Antilla at cancer.org
Mon Nov 6 15:59:05 PST 2006

Hi.

Trying to force a version 8 upgrade from 7.
Although SWFObject getVersion confirms my Firefox player installation to be
version 7, ExpressInstall.needsUpgrade() allows player 7 to view my version
8 swf regardless of as2 calls to version 8 filters , etc. Have an ugly
workaround using $version instead of ExpressInstall.needsUpgrade(), (
ExpressInstall.init() works fine)  but would prefer to figure out why
needsUpgrade doesnt consider my swf version 8. Must be missing something
obvious. Anyone have a sure fire way of coercing a swf to version 8 in the
mind of needsUpgrade? Heres my javascript embed:

 var so = new SWFObject("header_promo_master.swf", "promoid", "760", "169",
"8", "#ffffff", true );
          so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always");
          so.addParam("base", "/common/video/HomePromo");
            so.write("flashPromo");
Thanks.